Do you have a personal brand website as a lawyer or attorney, or a law firm website you’re a head of? Well, chances are that you know it’s more likely to get stuck than not and fail to generate a healthy influx of leads without investing heavily.
Today, we’re going to talk about converting potential clients or leads into businesses and individuals who pay retainers; and optimizing the whole buyer’s journey with the help of tips and tricks—Proven strategies that work.
First of all, reputable agencies such as Comrade agency for marketing can help you create the perfect plan and digital strategy to get a foundation to stand on. If you don’t have a solid foundation (more or less a website that’s a few years old, has high DA, and a good deal of traffic) then you might not be able to apply all tips and tricks we have here.
Hiring an SEO agency can be a shortcut to success. If you can the right one, it’s very easy to begin ranking on Google for the top keywords (in your practice area, at least) within a month or so.
But it’s not always easy to find reliable small business marketing companies. That’s when you need to go it alone or make your own team, experiment, and learn from your mistakes.
Website CRO & UX
How to build law firm website that converts better? Well, that’s not something that has a definite answer. But there are certain tips and tricks to follow that can improve your website’s conversion rate significantly. This process is called conversion rate optimization, or CRO.
Keep the process of finding the right information and taking action as hassle-free, straightforward, in-your-face, and fast as possible. This means reducing the number of steps, scrolls, or taps needed to be satisfied.
Now, this is easier said than done.
You need to browse your website as a user. If plausible, you need to get your website tested by different users on different devices to collect feedback. What are current friction points that can be smoothened out?
This process is called user experience design or UX.
UX and CRO are inherently linked. You cannot have a high CRO without good UX first. Find out what is best for your audience, not for you, and build out your website along those lines.
Some points to start off of:
- Clear and plain website hierarchy.
- Clean design with plenty of breathing space.
- Blue colors work better for lawyers as they hint toward trust.
- 100% properly legible text in all sections, buttons, menus, elements, etc.
- A thick footer with multiple pages such as policies, disclaimers, about, contact, etc. This adds authority.
- Images and icons for visual aid.
- Clear direction from heading to call-to-action (CTA).
- Keep your forms streamlined and few in the count.
Talk with Numbers
Are your numbers good? Excellent. Just put them up out there. Are your numbers bad but there’s room for improvement, and you lack experience? Still great. Market the best numbers in the best way possible.
Here’s how to display client testimonials and case results on your website to build trust and credibility:
- Highlight successful outcomes and positive feedback from past clients to demonstrate your expertise and track record.
- If you can translate this data into numbers, such as “13 class action lawsuits won” with 13 being a big, bold text, then it will draw attention like nothing else.
Testimonials and case results provide social proof and can influence potential clients to take the desired action: getting in touch with you.
Constant A/B Testing
Never stop testing the better alternative. Compare your landing pages and different features extensively. When you have tens of thousands of visitors every month, it only makes sense to utilize them to improve the conversion rate further.
Is there a new design element, page idea, or landing page layout you wish to experiment with? Compare all your options with live A/B testing that automatically splits your traffic and sends people to different options.
All you need to do is track the conversions from one over the other. If you see a significant difference, then you know which option is better.
A/B testing or split testing isn’t just for comparing two landing pages. It’s also a great tool to compare different designs, different page structures for the same landing page, different fonts and colors, and so on.
What Else Can You Do?
There’s a bunch of stuff website owners can do to improve their conversions. Lawyer, attorney, or law firm websites can also use these tactics. Here’s a brief overview:
- Live chatbots: Offer a live chat feature or a chatbot on your website to provide immediate assistance and address visitor inquiries. This allows potential clients to engage with you in real-time and can significantly improve conversion rates by providing instant support and capturing leads.
- Enhance website speed and performance: Optimize your website for fast loading speeds, as slow-loading pages can deter visitors and harm conversion rates. Compress images, enable browser caching, and minimize unnecessary code to improve performance. A fast and responsive website creates a positive user experience and encourages visitors to stay and explore. Speed and responsiveness are two core web vitals that Google tracks to determine your ranking on search result pages.
- Provide valuable content and resources: Offer informative content such as blog articles, legal guides, or FAQs that address common legal questions and concerns. You can establish yourself as a trusted authority and encourage visitors to stay on your website longer if you do this. This also improves your traffic.
Enhancing your website’s conversion rate is not an easy job. It will take time. And don’t be afraid to experiment and break stuff!
Only with the failure data can you learn how to get more traffic, leads, and, ultimately conversions. The tips and tricks we mentioned throughout this article are simply starting points. Your exact process and strategy might differ from what we discussed here. Finally, if you hesitate that you will be able to improve your site yourself, you can always partner with a reputable SEO agency to optimize your lawyer website and gain valuable insights and tips & tricks for converting clients effectively.