Several studies say that 80% of traffic over the Internet comes through video, and you can tap into it to promote your brand. At present, several brands are investing in video advertising campaigns on YouTube. Even startups and small brands are also leveraging the benefits of this video network. It is essential to set clear goals and develop an organized approach for constructing advertising campaigns to result in a positive ROI.
If you want to know the answer to the question – how to get ads on YouTube, here are some basic guidelines to make your way to a successful YouTube ad campaign.
Create A YouTube Channel:
You must create a YouTube channel before you can run any ads. You can follow the below steps to create your channel:
- Sign Into Your YouTube Account
- Go To “All My Channel” Page
- Create your channel
- Give details on your account
- Create & Upload YouTube videos related to your business.
- Link your AdWords account to your YouTube channel
Once you complete all these steps, you should move to the next step!
Come Up With A Bidding Strategy:
Now, when your YouTube channel is ready and running well, it’s time to create ads. This step may require a bit of testing, but make sure you follow the below steps to get the most out of your video ads:
- You must understand the YouTube bidding process as there are two ways of bidding that are commonly used CPC (Cost-Per-Click) and CPV (Cost-Per-View). But on YouTube, you can only use CPV bidding, which proves beneficial as you only pay when users watch your video.
- You need to choose your bid, which means you have to decide how much you want to pay before even thinking about creating your ads.
Set Your Targeting Options:
No matter how good your ads are, they will be of no use if you are not putting them in front of the right people. There are some outstanding targeting options in AdWords in which you can use targeting choices to make sure your video ads are reaching the right people. Consider the below options:
- Choose topic categories for better visibility
- Target users based on their interest
- Consider targeting specific YouTube videos
- Target search phrases
There are several targeted options on YouTube which you should use to their fullest potential.
Create Your Ad:
After you are done with targeting options and have created videos that you want to promote, it’s time to create your ad. You can take advantages of the below options:
- There are several ad options. A video ad can appear before the video, after the video, as the video plays and can be skippable or non-skippable.
- Choose a video for your ad. This means you have to select one video from your YouTube channel to display in your ad.
- Set the destination for your ad. This means where you want your viewers to go when they click on your ad.
There’s no doubt that YouTube will remain the most popular video-sharing site on the Internet. It will help if you come up with a unique strategy to succeed over this platform. Even if you are using the above strategy, you still have to work a lot.