On the off chance that you are experiencing difficulty with your Fire Stick or Fire TV gadget we would first recommend checking your system association and remote flag quality. We would recommend utilizing the Fire Stick in an indistinguishable room from your remote access point and in case you’re on a Fire TV, a test utilizing a wired association. Likewise, you ought to affirm this isn’t an original Firestick.
On the off chance that your web association with the Fire gadget is alright, the second activity while investigating is perfect the IPVanish applications store and information.
Clean Fire TV/Fire Stick Cache
- Tap the Home catch, at that point select Settings, from Settings select Applications.
- In the Applications menu, select Manage Installed Applications.
- Discover the IPVanish application and snap Force Stop, at that point clear the cache.
- Go to Settings > Device and Restart your Fire Stick.
- At the point when the Firestick home screen shows up, try boosting the IPVanish application and connect.
Clearing the IPVanish applications reserve and information settles most association and speed issues on Fire OS device.
Amazon Fire TV not responding:
- If your Amazon Fire TV shows regularly however you aren’t ready to utilize any controls, first have a go at investigating the remote.
- Restart your device. Separate the power string from the back of the gadget or from the electrical plug, and afterward connect it back to.
- Make guaranteed that you are consuming the power supply provided with your Amazon Fire TV device. Connect the encompassed power adapter into the power port on the back of your Fire TV, at that time plug the other end into a power hole.
- For Amazon Fire TV, ensure that you are utilizing a High-Speed HDMI link, if necessary. Fitting one end of your HDMI link into the HDMI port on the back of your Amazon Fire TV, at that point connect the opposite end to an accessible HDMI port on your TV.
- If you are utilizing an HDMI hub, detached your Amazon Fire TV device from the center and take a try at connecting it specifically to the TV.
- Try changing to an alternate HDMI port on your TV. Keep in mind which HDMI port you used to interface your Amazon Fire TV appliance and change to the linking input channel on your TV.
In more simple words:
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure your app is up to date.
- Restart the app.
- Clear the app cache.
In the event that you as yet come across an issue subsequent to checking the system association and clearing the IPVanish application store, please contact Amazon Fire TV/Stick help group and let them recognize what steps you have taken as of now.