Finally the most awaited update is here. Netflix now allows you to protect a profile with the help of a secret PIN. This is a good thing in case you are using multiple profiles in a single account. If you are using Netflix in a family then it is best to secure your account by hiding the content from your children.
The process if very simple, you just need to follow a few steps and all done. Keep in mind that PIN cannot be generated from your mobile app. You have to login to your account from a web browser. Further steps are discussed in the step-by-step guide in the upcoming section of this guide.
Use the following steps to enable parental control (PIN) on your user profile.
Step by Step Guide – How to Protect Your Profile with a PIN
- Login to Your Netflix Account from a web browser
- Click on account you want to secure with a PIN
- Click on Top right corner and Select Account
- Click on “profile and parental controls’ by scrolling down
- Select the user profile
- Click on the “Change” option
- Select “Lock this profile by selecting a 4-digit pin”
- Set a PIN
- Select Save
- All done!