Hey there, gamers! Ever found yourself in the middle of an intense gaming session, only to realize that your PS4 controller is acting up or needs to be connected? Fret not, because today, I’ve got your back. In this step-by-step guide, I’ll walk you through how to connect PS4 Controller without a glitch.
So, grab your gaming chair and let’s dive in!
Before we jump into the nitty-gritty of connecting PS4 controller, let’s take a moment to appreciate the gaming marvel that is the PS4.
PS4 has been a game-changer. It doesn’t matter if you’re a casual gamer or a hardcore aficionado, it has something for everyone. It delivers excellent graphics, strong gameplay, and a vast library of games to satisfy every gaming appetite.
Now, let’s talk about the unsung hero of your gaming adventures – the PS4 controller. It is sleek and ergonomic device for gaming. It offers a comfortable grip and a multitude of features that enhance your gaming experience.
But what good is a controller if it’s not connected? Let’s explore why it’s crucial to know how to connect PS4 controller.
Why use PS4 Controller?
The PS4 controller, also known as the DualShock 4, is more than just a means to control your in-game character. It’s a versatile tool designed for precision and comfort.
With its built-in touchpad, motion-sensing capabilities, and share button for capturing epic gaming moments, the PS4 controller adds a layer of sophistication to your gaming escapades that other controllers might lack.
Features of PS4 Controller
Before we get into the connection process, let’s highlight some key features of the PS4 controller.
- The controller boasts a responsive and clickable touchpad. It allows for intuitive interactions within games.
- Motion sensors enable precise control. This feature makes your gaming experience more solid.
- The built-in speaker and stereo headset jack further enhance the audio experience.
- The share button lets you capture and share your best gaming moments with the world effortlessly.
Now that we’ve set the stage, let’s move on to the main point that is, connecting PS4 controller to your console.
How to Connect PS4 Controller with Your Console
Before we delve into the connection methods, let’s make sure we’re ready for the setup. Ensure your PS4 is powered on and within range, and your controller is charged.
Now, let’s explore two simple ways to connect PS4 controller.
1. Connect PS4 Controller via Bluetooth
Connecting PS4 controller wirelessly is a breeze. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 console and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select ‘Devices’ and then ‘Bluetooth Devices’.
- Press and hold the PS button and the Share button simultaneously on your controller until the light bar begins to flash.
- Your PS4 will detect the controller; select it from the available devices, and you’re good to go!
2. Connect PS4 Controller via USB cable
In case you prefer a wired connection, here’s how you can do it:
- Turn on the PS4. There is a button on your PlayStation.
- Plug one end of the USB cable into the back of your PS4 controller.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the USB port on your PS4.
- Press the PS button on your controller, and there you are connected!
How to Connect Additional PS4 Controller Wirelessly
If you need to connect more controllers for an epic multiplayer session? No worries!
- Follow the same steps as connecting the first controller via Bluetooth.
- Once the additional controller is connected, assign it to a user profile, and you’re ready to play together!
How to Connect PS4 Controller to a PC
The versatility of the PS4 controller extends beyond the console. If you want to connect it to your PC, here’s how:
- Enable Bluetooth on your PC and set it to discoverable.
- Follow the same Bluetooth connection steps as with the PS4.
- Your PC will recognize the controller, and you’re all set for PC gaming!
How to Connect PS4 Controller to a Mobile Device
Want to game on the go? Connect PS4 controller to your mobile device:
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Pair your PS4 controller using the same Bluetooth steps.
- Once connected, enjoy gaming on your mobile device with the comfort of your PS4 controller.
How to Disconnect PS4 Controller?
Finished gaming and need to disconnect your controller? It’s a simple process:
- Hold down the PS button on your controller.
- Navigate to ‘Sound/Devices’ in the Quick Menu.
- Select ‘Stop Using This Device’/‘Delete’ to disconnect the controller.
What are Some Best PS4 Controllers?
Before we conclude, let’s take a quick look at some Best PS4 controllers available in the market:
- DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment: Enhances control with customizable back buttons.
- SCUF Vantage 2: Offers a customizable design for personalized gaming.
- Hori Onyx Wireless Controller: A comfortable and affordable alternative.
Troubleshooting and Re-pairing Your PS4 Controller
If you are encountering issues to connect your PS4 controller then try re-pairing it:
- Connect your controller to the PS4 using a USB cable.
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ > ‘Bluetooth Devices’.
- Select ‘Forget Device’ for the connected controller.
- Follow the connection steps mentioned earlier.
How to Hard Reset Your PS4 Controller?
If all else fails, a hard reset might be the solution:
Note: Make sure that before hard reset your PS4 is turned off, your Controllers are unplugged and the internet is disconnected.
- Locate the small reset button on the back of your controller. It is in a small whole, mostly located on the right side.
- Use a paperclip or a similar tool to press the reset button.
- Reconnect your controller using the preferred method.
How to Charge Your PS4 Controller?
To ensure uninterrupted gaming, keep your controller charged:
- Connect the controller to your PS4 using a USB cable.
- Use a dedicated charging dock for a hassle-free charging experience.
Tips for Saving Battery Life of your PS4 Controller
If you wish to extend your gaming sessions, use these battery-saving tips:
- Adjust the controller’s brightness in the settings.
- Turn off vibration feedback when not needed.
- Use a charging dock to keep your controller juiced up.
- Keep your controller away from extreme temperatures.
- Update your controller firmware regularly for optimal performance.
There you have it, a comprehensive guide on how to connect PS4 controller to your console and beyond. We’ve covered everything from Bluetooth and USB connections to troubleshooting and enhancing your gaming experience. Now, equipped with this knowledge, go ahead, master new levels, and make the most of your gaming adventures.
If you found this guide helpful, don’t forget to check out more gaming tips and tricks at Bestkoditps.