Weddings are one of the most anticipated occasions of one’s life. It is only natural that every preparation has to be top-notch.
A wedding is an event that you want planned way before D Day, and the first step to the execution of the plan involves getting the invitations right. Now, designing a wedding invitation, getting it printed, and subsequent distribution is a hefty process. Additionally, it is a matter of huge expense, which might be scary when added to the wedding’s other costs.
However, there is a way out of this. DIY. If you are trying to save some money or have the idea of a perfect wedding invitation that you cannot describe to others, DIY comes to your rescue immediately. There are tons of programs and applications that help you design great invitation cards just the way you want it! They are simple to handle and give you satisfaction for creating your wedding invitation! You can also take the help of an easy movie maker to fast-track your work.
10 design programs for DIY invitations
Given below are 10 programs that help you design the best wedding invitations for your wedding. Most of them are easy to use, but if you are savvy with complicated software, you might use the rest, too!
- Adobe Illustrator: Adobe is a powerhouse when it comes to making art digitally. And your wedding invitation is nothing short of artwork. Therefore, Illustrator will work amazingly for you. The USP of this application is it does not use pixels. It uses vector graphics, which helps you scale your wedding invitation per the device you view it on.
- Adobe Photoshop: One of the most popular applications in the world of digital designs is Adobe Photoshop. Most professional posters, invitations, and similar designs are made using this mostly because it is deemed the best of its kind. However, it is a little tricky to use. Nonetheless, you could learn a lot about it by playing around with the software before working on your wedding invitation. This will help you familiarize yourself with Photoshop, and things will be a lot easier.
- Adobe InDesign: Yet another masterpiece that drives many new-age graphic designers, Adobe InDesign is a powerful layout and designs application for print and digital media. You could create mesmerizing invitations using this software alone, not to mention Adobe Stock, which gives you access to a huge repository of images that will suit your wedding invitation.
- VideoCreek: If you are not comfortable with the Adobe Suite, VideoCreek will probably be the best suitable application for you. It has a large number of invitation templates that you can use for your wedding invitation. Or, you could simply take inspiration from these and design a killer one for your wedding!
- MS Publisher: MS Publisher, a product of Microsoft, is like MS Word for designs and layout. It is immensely powerful and is the go-to for a lot of graphic designers out there. Moreover, it is simple to use, given how all applications under the MS Office have been crafted for ease. You can download this and get started!
- Pages for Mac: If you do not use Windows, then the above software might not work for you. However, Pages for Mac will if you use iOS instead. It has the same basic operation of MS Word and MS Publisher, except that Pages contain the best of both. You can create stellar designs with this application, and it is quite easy to use, too.
- Inkscape: Inkscape is another application that is preferred by professionals all over the world. It is simple to use and can be accessed on all the leading operating systems- Linux, Windows, and Mac. Hence, your wedding invitation is guaranteed to have an edge if you make it using this.
- Editor by Pixlr: Editor by Pixlr is based entirely online; hence, you will not be required to download it. The editor is easy to use and helps you make beautiful designs without breaking a sweat.
- GIMP: GIMP or GNU Image Manipulation Program is an open-source application that can be downloaded on your computer. All the operating systems support it. It is free from hassles, and you can easily design your invitation here itself.
- GimPhoto: An alternative to Photoshop is quite useful for making designs without involving the Adobe Suite hassles. You can use the software to create stunning designs for your wedding invitations.
In addition to all the above programs, you can also get a little more creative and download a good movie maker to make a video to send to your invitations. If you are wondering about your video editing skills, you can always check out “How to create a video” to understand what you need to do. A DIY invitation and video combo are sure to impress your guests and, of course, your partner!