The Internet is an interconnected network of the global computer system. You can refer to it as a network of networks. It is a powerful and huge network of interconnected systems that can be used for a major chunk of tasks.
People use the Internet, but most of them don’t know the optimal ways for it. If you are a regular user and want to know some easy tips about using the internet to save your time and perform tasks in a faster way, then this article will help you. Below in this article, we have listed five of the must-have tips and tricks that you must adapt in order to keep yourself a step away from others.
Use Latest Web Browsers for Fast Browsing
Installing a fresh Operating System say it Windows, gives some built-in applications such as Word Pad, Paint and Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge (depends on the installed version of Windows) as a default web browser. Most of the computer users use the default browser that is internet explorer.
Web users have a very bad experience with default browsers in any operating systems excluding Android. To use the web at its best, you need to try other browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.
Use Shortcuts While Browsing in a Browser
Shortcuts make lots of time taking jobs to be performed in the shortest possible time. As a regular internet user, you must learn and try to use the shortcuts available for performing online jobs.
There is a bundle of different shortcut keys used in internet browsers. Below in this article, we are discussing some well-known shortcut keys that are universal for all internet browsers.
- To jump directly to the address bar on any browser, just press Ctrl+L or Alt+D. This will move the cursor to the address bar
- The shortcut Ctrl+T will open a new tab
- Using Ctrl+H will open the history and settings page of the browser
- If there is a need of refreshing the browser or the entire device, you may press F5 or Ctrl+R
- To select text on a specific page, use Ctrl+A
- Use Ctrl+B to open your bookmarks
- Press Ctrl+N to open a new window
- Press Shift+Ctrl+N to open a private Window in a browser (Incognito in Chrome)
Use Online Tools with Internet Browser
There are a number of free online services available on the internet. Like there are tools that are freely available over the web and can be used for a great online experience. There are tools for communication like Skype, Whatsapp, Messanger, etc. Similarly, there are tools for writers, marketers, developers, artists and for all. Below are the tools that will make your online presence easier and enjoyable.
- Ad Blocker (Extension available for every browser to keep you away from unwanted ads)
- Whatsapp Messanger (for communication)
- Alexa Bar (For SEO Executives)
- Moz Bar (For SEO Executives)
- Google Drive (For keeping files online and making them accessible from everywhere)
- Dropbox (for keeping your files on the cloud)
- Grammarly (best for writers and copy editors)
- Skype (For Official communication
- Wikipedia (for Information
- Email Services i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo
Use Keyboard Keys to Move Quickly Between Different Tabs
Form filling is sometimes becoming a hectic job for most of the newbies. By using keyboard shortcuts, you can avoid the hard looking form filling job easier. To move quickly between different columns on a form, you can use these shortcuts;
- Press TAB Button to jump to a new section on a form
- Press Shift+Tab to go back to the previous editable section on a form
Use Alt+Tab to move between different opened applications. With the help of this shortcut, you can jump to Skype from Chrome or from Skype to another running program.
Don’t Waste Time in Typing the Complete URL
Most of the new users enter the complete URL in the address bar which is totally wastage of time. Luckily, in web browsers, you have shortcuts that help you in saving your time in this regard.
Entering the complete address of a website is not required. You don’t require to type HTTP:// or HTTPS:// and even WWW in the address bar. For example, if you want to browse a specific website say it bestkoditips. There is no need to start from internet protocol, you can just type bestkoditips.com and browse it. You can do this process in a quicker way by just entering the bestkoditips and then pressing the Ctrl+Enter button.
Internet is a place where you can make yourself an expert if you search for new tricks and ideas. Searching for new tips like these five and then using it in your routine activities will help you to do your tasks in a quicker way. These 5 are the must-know tips and you should try for a better experience.