Dark Mode of Snapchat is being tested on Android, but it hasn’t been public yet. There is, however, a workaround that will allow Snapchat to operate in Dark Mode.
What is Dark Mode?
The dark mode is a night mode, basically a setting that changes the color scheme of an application to a darker one. Also, Dark mode is sometimes called bedtime mode. A setting you might use if you plan to stay up late with the lights out. You can easily turn on the Dark mode on the Facebook app along with other apps, including Snapchat too.
Dark Mode ensures that your phone or other smart devices can be used at night without straining your eyes or causing difficulty sleeping. Unfortunately, not all apps provide night modes. Even some of the most popular apps are yet to add this useful functionality. Here’s a way to set Snapchat to dark mode regardless of other apps’ capabilities.
Also read about: How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
How To Turn on Dark Mode In Snapchat On iOS
It is well known that Snapchat, the popular picture messaging and chatting app frequently introduces new features. The continuous updates and addition of the new features are constantly attracting users’ attention and keeping them entertained. Thankfully, Snapchat’s Dark Mode for iOS has been available since May 2021.
Steps To Turn On Dark Mode on iOS
- Go to your Snapchat profile. In the top left corner, click on your Bitmoji.
- Click on the “Settings” icon that is in the top right corner.
- Now, scroll down on the screen and tap on the “App Appearance.”
- After that, select the “Always Dark” option.
Get Turn On Your Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android
Snapchat continuously promises Dark Mode for Android, everything else appears to be updated consistently (up until February 2022). It looks as if they have discovered a problem that they can’t seem to fix. No one knows, the mystery remains. In any case, do not give up hope.
Although Snapchat for Android doesn’t support Dark Mode natively, however, you can work around that by using an alternative solution.
By activating developer mode and changing the settings, users can “force” Snapchat into Dark Mode. Here are the steps:
Steps To Turn On Dark Mode on Android
1. Open the “Settings” app and click on the “About phone” option. Now, scroll down on the screen until you find the option named “Build number” and then tap on it seven times. This step will enable the developer mode on your Android device.
- Go back to the Settings->Home page, and then navigate to the “System option -> Developer options” for accessing developer options.
- You have now enabled forced dark mode on your smartphone after you have enabled the “Override force-dark” toggle. From now on, Android will automatically invert colors on apps that don’t have native dark mode support.
Will Android Users Ever Able To Get Dark Mode For Snapchat?
As of right now, we can only answer this question by hoping so. Snapchat has not yet officially confirmed its darker theme for Android users, even in 2022.
Those of you who use Android can submit requests for Dark Mode to the developers. To submit a suggestion, simply go to the Settings menu and tap on the ‘I Have a Suggestion’ button. Enter your suggestions and then select the ‘Submit’ button. It is more likely that Snapchat will prioritize the feature if more people request it.