In this post, we will discuss how to increase cache on Kodi to improve its performance. First of all, we should know what cache is. Cache is any hardware or software part of the system and it provides high-speed entry area to the main memory or any storage device reserved area. There are two types of cache, Memory Cache, and Disk Cache. When the cache gets stored, the Kodi users face problems while watching videos or the video gets affected due to buffering issues. These problems can be solved by increasing Cache for better performance of Kodi.
Kodi is not working fine? Are you facing buffering issues on Kodi? Looking for a fixing tutorial? Please Click here for a detailed tutorial o this.
Steps to Increase Cache Size on Kodi:
Carefully read and follow the steps mentioned below in order to increase cache on Kodi and improve its performance.
- Open up the Kodi application on your device.
- You will see a gear symbol at the top left of the main menu. Click on this symbol.
- Now click on “File Manager” settings present under the list of settings.
- Then double-click on the option “Add Source”.
- Then click on <none> to insert the paths or browse the media locations on Kodi.
- Insert the following address http://lbtechtips.com/krypton. Then click on OK.
- Now assign any name of your choice to your root address and press OK.
- Then return to the home page and click on “Add-Ons”.
- Click on the add-on browser Icon at the left corner of the screen.
- Now click on “Install from zip file” option under the category of add-on browser.
- Now locate the name which you have given before.
- Select the repository zip file.
- Then click on “Install from repository”.
- Move down in the category “Install from repository” and choose “Krypton repository”.
- From “Krypton repository” click on “Program add-ons”.
- Now move down in the Program add-ons and click on XML Downloader.
- Now click on “Install” option.
- Again return to the home page and choose the “XML Downloader” from the list of add-ons.
- Then click on “Increase Cache” option present in version 17.
- It will start downloading on the Kodi application.
If you want to be sure about your installation, then follow the easy steps mentioned below.
- Now return to the “File Manager” category and click on “Profile Directory”.
- Now move down and see if you have advanced settings.xml. or not.
Why do You need to Increase Cache Size on Kodi?
If you are using Kodi on a high configuration device which has more space, then you do not require increasing or clearing the cache. However, if you use Kodi on a low configuration device, you require clearing or increasing cache on the device in order to improve its performance. If you stream videos on Kodi, all the data is downloaded by Kodi and saved in the memory, which affects the Kodi performance. If you follow all the steps mentioned above carefully, you will not face such problems again.