Why Google Backup and Sync Deleting Files?
Google Drive is a two-way synchronization tool. When you sync local files on your computer to Google Drive, any changes you make locally or in the cloud will also be synced. In other words, the Google Drive folder is a local representation of the files you are currently uploading to Google Drive.
Deleting a file in your Google Drive folder on your computer will be reflected on the Drive website. Similarly, if you find that your files are accidentally deleted on Google Drive, Google Backup and Sync will also delete the files from your computer.
How to Fix Backup and Sync Deleting Files
After knowing the reasons, you can try the following four useful methods to solve the problem of Google Backup and Sync deleted files. This article will detail the easiest way to help you fix this problem easily and quickly.
- Remove the synchronization.
- Reinstall the correct Google Backup and Sync program.
- Use Google Drive via browser.
- Use the free third-party sync software (Easiest).
The Easiest Method to Fix Backup and Sync Deleting Files
The easiest way to solve the problem is that you can use the free third-party synchronization and backup software AOMEI Backupper Standard to help you. Its Basic Sync feature makes it easy to sync files to Google Drive. After synchronization, your deletion of files in the source folder will not affect the destination folder unless you check the Sync the omissions in the source directory to the destination box before clicking Start Sync. The software also has the following advantages.
- Sync any files: You can sync any file you want to Google Drive, allowing you to sync files outside the Google Drive folder if you need to.
- Schedule synchronization: If you want to sync updated versions of your files to Google Drive, you can set regular intervals (daily/weekly/monthly) to perform a scheduled sync. Then the software will automatically sync files to Google Drive according to your frequency.
- Various storage devices: It not only supports you to sync files to Google Drive and other cloud devices (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) but also supports syncing files to multiple storage devices (external disk, HDD, SSD, USB drive, network, etc.).
- Multiple operating systems: It supports various Windows operating systems such as Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista.
Then you can easily sync files and folders to Google Drive by following the graphic tutorial below. After that, if you delete the file from your computer, the file in the cloud will not be deleted either. Conversely, if you delete files stored in the cloud, your local files won’t be deleted either.
Step 1. First, you need to download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and open it. Then click Sync> Basic Sync.
Step 2. Second, click Add Folder to select the folder you want to sync. If you need to sync multiple folders, you can click the + icon to add more folders to sync.
Step 3. Third, click the inverted triangle at the right edge of the second bar and select a cloud drive.
Step 4. Forth, Choose Google Drive and click OK.
If you cannot find Google Drive in the list, go back to Step 3 and manually navigate to the Google Drive folder by clicking the folder-shaped button in the second bar.
Step 5. Finally, click Start Sync to sync files to Google Drive.
This article describes the easiest way to fix the problem of deleted files from Google Backup and Sync. Sync files to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper Standard, a free third-party sync software that allows you to sync any file to Google Drive or any other storage device. You can also perform scheduled syncs if you want.
In addition, it is also an excellent restore software; you can restore disks, partitions, files and systems easily. If you want to refresh your system to a computer with different hardware, its Universal Restore feature can also easily achieve this goal. You can download this software to experience more useful functions.
Besides, if you have too many files in Google Drive that need to be migrated from Google Drive to other cloud storage, don’t worry, CBackup can help. It is a professional cloud backup service that supports cloud-to-cloud backup. You can use it to back up your Google Drive files to other cloud storage to avoid sync errors easily.