Whenever planning for entertainment to get, then Kodi is always the best pick among people. It is mainly said to be the best open source media player and free to access. If you are looking for any streaming media, then Kodi is the only thing that comes in our mind. On the other side, Chromecast is the best streaming devices where millions of people are using across the globe. This could be the main reason that most of them are finding the ways to install Kodi on Chromecast.
Generally, Smart TVs are always offering the best level of functionalities for the better experience. However, with the support of Kodi on Chromecast, you can expect maximum outcome for sure. Once the Kodi is installed on Chromecast, then you will experience a number of benefits as well.
You can also watch 4k Movies using Kodi Add-ons. In order to experience those benefits, it is necessary to install Kodi on Chromecast. Here the discussion about the installation process in different ways would be supportive.
Looking for the installation process? Then it is available for both the PC as well as Android phones. But the installation procedures will be different from each other methods.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast
The best thing about Kodi on Chromecast is where you can do installation process using PC and Android device. Also, both the methods are always simple and easy to handle for all the time without a problem. As we mentioned earlier, the installation process can be done in different ways.
If you are looking ahead to install Kodi on Chromecast using Android, then you can follow the procedure below.
- First of all, you need to open the Chromecast application which is available on the Android device.
- Now, make sure to open the menu and then proceed further with Cast screen/audio. Once it is done, then it is necessary to go with different options.
- After the above process is over, then it is vital to open the Kodi application.
- It is the right time to search for the respective video that you want to watch and tap to play further.
- Now, it will allow the video to play successfully. But the thing is it will not permit to attend the calls simultaneously.
Method 2: Install Kodi on Chromecast for Android
- Before going to the installation process, you need to install the following apps on an Android device.
- ES File Explorer
- Download the XML file PlayFactoryCore.
- Now launch the ES File Explorer and navigate to Settings -> Display Settings. Have a glance at Show Hidden Files.
- You need to choose the respective function and type playcorefactory.xml.
- Do long press over the file and choose Copy, then get back to ES File Explorer.
- Visit the Local Storage then Android and navigate to Data -> org.xbmc.kod. Now, move to Files then Kodi and choose User data.
- Make sure to paste the file playcorefactory.xml.
- It is the time to launch Kodi and choose the respective video that you are looking to cast to Chromecast.
- Automatically, the Localcast app will get opened and choose the Chromecast device.
- Now, select the button Play.
Method 3: How to install Kodi on Chromecast using PC
Apart from above-mentioned procedure, you can also stream it from PC which will not be difficult. Let’s check the steps given below.
- It is essential to know that you are going to download a Chromecast app. At the same time, you must be aware of that the Kodi or XBMC is available on your PC.
- Once the above process is done, it is important to know that you have installed Chrome and Chromecast casting extension.
- Now, you should tap to open the Chrome and proceed further to choose the option Cast.
- After that, you need to search for the sentence that starts from Cast this tab to. Now, you can find the small arrow which is available right side.
- Make sure to click that and continue further to choose Cast entire screen.
- If everything is done, then your PC will be allowing you to stream without producing complexity.
- Finally, all you need to do is open the Kodi and start to watch the respective videos as per your wish.
If you want to install Kodi on Chromecast, then above-discussed methods will be helpful to stream. As per your convenience, choose any method to install Kodi on Chromecast and start to use at free of cost.