For some years now, businesses might have been using SMS messaging just to reach out to their customers. It has now become way more common to just text boss, prospects, team members and colleagues. But, there is one problem to consider now. In case, you are willing to avoid any kind of annoyance or cause offense, it is vital to learn more about the rules of business texting based etiquette.
If you are looking for the right ways in which you can use the group texting service, make sure to log online and get help. There are some noteworthy SMS marketing practices available in this regard.
Your business will rely on your SMS well. If your business based message is not clear or up to the mark, then you cannot just afford to use the service like that. There are certain ways and points available, which will make the business based SMS top-notch one. For that, you better check out the options well.
Try and avoid abbreviations, to say the least:
Whenever you are sending a single SMS, you might only have 160 characters for conveying the business message. This is probably the main reason why a majority of the people are using abbreviation these days. Well, it might work to some extent but not all, especially not when it is associated with a business module. There are some reasons why you should not use abbreviations for addressing business purposes.
- Abbreviations are known to look casual and not quite businesslike in nature.
- Some of the colleagues, mainly from the older category might not understand the real meaning behind abbreviations over here.
- There are some abbreviations, which might not cross cultural boundaries. It happens to be an issue in case you are working with the said multilingual team.
- Right on the same subject, there are some abbreviations which you should never try to use. If you don’t use these abbreviated words in business conversations, then those should not go in the message either.
- In some of the cases, the majority of them, it is easier to type the entire word out, mainly if you are using the mobile keyboard with the good and proper autocomplete function.
Time to say goodbye to emoticons:
For the business based SMS marketing, you should never ever try to use emoticons. It is not at all professional like in any way. This step is really important for you to learn under group texting service for nonprofits as well.
- The second most important rule associated with business texting etiquette is not to use emoticons. These signs are very casual and might not go well with the emoticons.
- These emoticons might help in softening the current tone of a text message but they are not quite noted to be businesslike in nature and chances are high that people might not take you seriously.
- Unless you are working with a bunch of people in their teens, you better stick to the plain and older words.
Be sure of the tone:
The most trouble faced with the typed messages is that those are quite hard to convey the tone you are actually planning for. It might even prove to be a lot harder when it comes to business texting. It is easier for you to sound curt over here and that’s not what you actually asked for. So, be sure to take some time and craft the message so that you get to say what you actually need to, and without even offending the recipient at all.
- While you are at this stage, you better avoid typing all in caps. In the area of social messaging and email, this is noted to be shouting and will just end up annoying the recipients.
- Just like you won’t shout at your business contacts directly right on their face, you should not do the same through text. But, it won’t look nice if everything is in CAPS LOCK.
You have to check for your language:
Whenever composing text message under business based SMS marketing, you have to watch out for your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Poor punctuation or any misspelled words can easily end up creating a bad impression.
- It is always mandatory for you to proofread the message just for the sake of eliminating errors before you can actually hit the send button.
- You have to pay particular attention to autocomplete fails and autocorrect. Always pay attention to what you are actually typing and ensure that any correction says what you actually want to portray.
- On the other hand, if you are actually texting by voice, you better check the message twice before sending, if possible more. There is no guarantee that every word will be typed properly, so checking is mandatory.
- So, the bottom line in this regard is always to strive for the error-free business SMS for proper communication. It is not just for the email but even for texting message.
You need to check your recipient:
Those unwanted and not always helpful autocorrect on the phone can lead to confusion in case the contacts have the same names. You better check to see that if your message is rightfully going to the proper person or people before you end up sending it.
This way, you are not likely to waste time or just accidentally send information to the wrong person in question. You don’t want that to happen as that might ruin your business for good!
Remember to sign your messages:
In the case of business based texting situation, you cannot be sure that the recipient will have contact details. If you don’t know who you are actually, then you might ignore the message once and for all. So, you better add the name or even the initials at the end of the message to make it clear regarding the sender of the message.
Remember to follow these points whenever you are planning to create the perfect business SMSs for marketing or SMS campaign. Be sure to follow the points as asked for.