123Movies is a streaming service that contains thousands of video content in various video qualities ranging from HD and SD to 4K. The best thing about 123Movies is that you can use this platform without registration or account signup.
This is a popular service for online streaming of TV shows and movies; hence, its users want it on smart TVs as it comes only in APK, so that you will need a Google Chromecast-connected device.
The excellent news for 123Movies users is that it is a Chromecast-compatible APK. You can set it easily on any Smart TV device connected with Chromecast using your Android smartphone.
Below, we have compiled guides to help you cast 123Movies using Microsoft Edge Browser and Google Chrome using your PC or Android Phone.
How to Cast 123Movies on Chromecast Using an Android Smartphone
- From your Android phone, open a web browser (Chrome) and download the 123Movies app from here or from any other reliable platform.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Click on Security and turn on the radio button of “Unknown Sources.”
- Go to file manager on your Android phone.
- Select the 123Movies file and follow the instructions to install the app on your phone.
- Launch the 123Movies app from the app list
- Click on the cast icon from the top left next to the search icon
- Search for the name of your Chromecast device
- All done, 123Movies is connected to your Chromecast-connected device.
- Play movies and TV shows on your TV using an Android phone and Chromecast.
How to Chromecast 123Movies Using Computer/PC using Chrome
You will need a web browser, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, to Chromecast 123Movies on your smart TV.
- Open Chrome on your PC
- Open a website from the below-given list, click on the three dots from the left side of the browser, and then select Cast…
- Hit sources and then select “Cast tab” from the list
- The website will start showing on your Chromecast-connected TV
- All done, you are all set to play movies and TV shows with Chromecast-connected TV using your PC or computer
How to Chromecast 123Movies Using Computer/PC using Microsft Edge
If you use Microsoft Edge, the process from the above solutions is slightly changed.
- Click on the three dots and then navigate to “More tools.”
- Select “Cast media to the device.”
- Once you click on the cat media to device from the menu, all the Chromecast devices will display on the screen, click on your Chromecast device and then click on the “Cast tab.”
- You will see the 123Movies website on your TV
- All done, start playing movies and TV shows on your smart TV
What to Do if 123Movies Is not Working on Chromecast
There might be some instances when you won’t be able to Chromecast 123Movies on Smart TV. These issues can be fixed without any difficulty. Follow the below-given hints whenever you face such problems while connecting 123Movies to Smart TV using Chromecast.
- Check for Chromecast Dongle connectivity with your TV
- Chromecast and Smart TV should be connected to the same WiFi network
- Make sure your Chromecast is updated
- Internet connection should be fast and reliable
- Restart Chromecast if the above solutions are not working
- Reset the Chromecast to factory settings if any of the above is not working for you
FAQs on How to Chromecast 123Movies on TV
Should I Use VPN for Accessing the 123Movies Website?
No, there is no need for VPN to use with 123Movies
Is 123Movies Compatible with iOS devices?
It is not for now, but we will find a solution.
Is it illegal to use 123Movies?
As copyrighted content is displayed on 123Movies, it is not a legal platform.
Is 123Movies available on App Store or Google Play Store?
You need an APK file to install it on Android. On Apple App Store, it is not available at the moment.
Is 123Movies Shut Down?
Officially, 123Movies is down, but plenty of websites, such as 123moviesfull.me, 123movies.st, 123movies.net, and many more, provide the exact content and functionalities.
Does Chromecast let you stream 123movies to your TV?
Yes, all the above methods help you access 123Movies using Chromecast on your TV.
123Movies provides tons of video options for movies and TV shows. It has been down for sometime, and you need to use its mirror sites or alternatives. Some popular alternatives of 123Movies are; FMovies, Primewire, Vumoo, and Putlocker. You can also use the 123Movies Kodi addon to run it for free.