YouTube’s positive factors are not hidden from anyone. It offers content for every individual i.e. for kids, students, youth and for those who want to learn almost everything in their lives.
As it is a popular source for education as well as for entertainment hence its availability on Kodi in the form of YouTube addon is not the 5th wonder. These days, YouTube addon is an important addon or you can say it is must-have for every Kodi device.
It is not just a stand-alone tool but plenty of Kodi addons are based on it. Most of the other add-ons pull playlist from YouTube.
YouTube is available on the official Kodi TV repository and can be installed in just a few clicks. Like other add-ons, there are also some issues associated with YouTube and one of these is “YouTube Daily Quota Limit Exceeded”. It is the most common error for Kodi users. Here in this article, we will explore the ways for removing all Quota related errors from YouTube.
Fixing YouTube Quota Limit Exceeded Error on Kodi
Here in this guide for YouTube error on Kodi, we are going to explore two different methods for resolving the issues in no time. The first method is working with Kodi default cache value and API number. The second method is working with personal YouTube API keys.
We will discuss both of these methods in detail. Read and go through these two simplest methods to resolve the issue on any device such as PC, Mac, Android, Blackberry, iOS, etc.
How to Fix YouTube Quota Limit Exceed Error on Kodi by Increasing Cache Size and Changing API Number
- Open Kodi
- Open YouTube Addon
- Go to “Advanced” in the Settings
- Turn ON Support alternative player
- Increase Cache Size from current size to 20 or more
- Now go to “API” in the Settings
- Adjust “Use Preset API key set” number to any number from 1 to 4 (Default value is 1 so new number should be greater than 1)
- After increasing the number, this error message of the YouTube Quota Limit Exceed will be gone. 1 is the minimum value so this might be the cause of this issue in your case.
- All done! Enjoy error-free YouTube Streaming on Kodi
Fixing YouTube Quota Limit Exceeded Error by Creating Personal YouTube API Key
- In the first step, follow https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library
- Click on “Select a Project” from the top
- After clicking on it, a box will open says “Create project” just click on it
- Enter any relevant name in the Project name tab
- A Project ID will be shown after this, copy it and paste it in any editor such as Notepad
- Now click on Create
- Go back to API main page and click on YouTube Data API
- Click on “Select Project” icon and then on Select button
- Now select “My YouTube API Key” and continue
- Select the “Enable” button
- Select “Create credentials”
- Click on “Android” from the drop-down list
- Under the “What data will you be accessing?” Check the “Public Data” from “What Data will you be accessing?”
- Now click on “What credentials do I need?”
- YouTube API key is generated and will be there in the API key section
- This API key is for fixing the YouTube Quota Limit Exceeded Error on Kodi
- Click on “Done” to save settings
- Personal Key is generated successfully
- Save it somewhere and Open Kodi now!
- Click on YouTube Addon
- Select Settings and then Click API
- Enable Personal keys
- Enter the Personal YouTube API keys you just saved in the above steps
- Click OK to proceed
- Congrats! The YouTube daily limit quota exceed error is all fixed and you are now free to stream content via YouTube Kodi addon.
By following either of these will resolve the issues you are facing while browsing and streaming Kodi content via YouTube addon. If the issue still remains, please feel free to contact us through any mean of communication available on this website.