The mortgage industry demands sharing data between multiple sources, and the use of technology can help reduce pressure and smoothen the process. You usually have many digital assets to keep track of by the end of a single brand campaign.
Imagine that your marketing director asks you to find and make a minor edit to one of a previous year’s campaign layouts for a paid media campaign that starts the following day- this is where a digital management program will come in handy.
What are digital assets?
A digital asset is any content that is valuable to a company. A digital file such as a jpeg contains relative information about an organization, such as descriptive information and the rights to reuse it, all called metadata. The file then becomes a valuable asset, and all the information it contains becomes searchable and reusable.
Types of digital assets
There are various forms of digital assets, which marketers or brand communicators work with every single day. Consider all of the media you might create for your annual marketing campaign. These might include:
- Your raw content includes photos, video clips, animations, logos, audio files and all of the copy that goes with it. The creative team then puts the raw content into editable open artworks for both print and digital assets.
- Financial marketing collateral might also include TV ads, native and paid digital video content, social media posts, email templates, print media such as posters, brochures, billboards, seek sheets, and direct mailings.
- All of your marketing presentations, the campaign brand guidelines, and if you are selling your product or marketing your latest museum exhibit, you will likely have product and package designs or 3D renders.
What is digital asset management (DAM)?
DAM is all about how your company’s digital assets are handled or organized. Because businesses share a plethora of information with consumers every day on digital channels, both print media, and advertising, DAM provides a way to centrally manage all of this information.
Digital asset management is the efficient practice of handling a company’s digital assets through storage, organization, management, access, and distribution. This practice is not specific to one technology but is necessary for a company’s creative operations engine.
What are the three elements of digital practice?
Like any practice in your company, creating and marketing operations are made up of three elements:
- People: This point is the most crucial in the triangle and includes the personnel involved in the life cycle of a digital asset and the touchpoints of a marketing journey.
- A process that makes up the metadata’s lifecycle.
- Technology: This point requires the right people and knowledge to support it for it to work efficiently.
What are the benefits of Digital Asset Management?
Digital asset management provides an opportunity for your company to efficiently store embedded information (metadata), helping you keep track of specific data like origin, copyright, and permissions.
Moreover, storage is organized and easily accessible, meaning the staff will effectively handle any modifications needed. The use of technology can help with the streamlining process, enabling easy access to data, helping a company save on time and resources.
It is cheaper for a company utilizing digital asset management to store information, especially since it only needs one central location.
Business efficiency is crucial, especially when many companies are competing for limited customer attention. Targeting experience is crucial: Finding the right data asset management software can help you collaborate seamlessly with your clients.
Creating an open and reliable communication line is vital in delivering updated goods and services to customers when needed. It then becomes easier to access data and process it making all necessary adjustments in real-time.
Deliver with speed
The possibility to track information in real-time creates harmonization. A company can provide immediate action when needed so that no outdated files or delayed updates may be crucial to a company.
The speed of action makes data assets management reliable and convenient, especially when dealing with tight schedules. The overall effect on customer satisfaction positively impacts the business and can enhance competitive advantage, enhancing business growth.
Find a reliable eAsset management program that works for your company to enjoy the benefits that come with it.